Graduate minor in educational psychology
The Department of Educational Psychology's graduate minor is for master's and PhD students in another program at the University of Minnesota who are interested in a minor in educational psychology.
Requires at least six credits of graduate-level educational psychology (EPSY) courses
- Requires at least 12 credits of graduate-level EPSY courses
- Nine credits must be in 8xxx courses
Completing and declaring your minor
- All courses must be selected in consultation with an educational psychology faculty member.
- The consulting faculty member must approve the planned courses and be willing to serve on your committee.
- Any courses that will be used for the major program degree plan cannot be used toward the minor plan.
Applying for the minor
- Master's degree students must declare a minor prior to their final exam. Doctoral degree students must declare a minor prior to passing the preliminary oral exam.
- Submit a request to add a graduate education minor. When the request has been processed you will receive an email notification.
- To officially declare the minor after the request is processed, you will submit your minor degree plan in GPAS (Grad Planning & Audit System) for approval by the Ed Psych program.